A message from Sprint Innovations: Keep Calm & Carry On!
Across London we are witnessing changes of attitude ahead of the COVID19 outbreak. Whilst some have gone out in force to panic buy, stock up on toilet roll or pasta, some have had to resume their usual duties as key workers, and most of us are fortunate enough to work from home. Amid this building hysteria, we were made aware of an email update that Sprint Innovations had sent out. Now, this was not your usual COVID19 a-typical mail out. Instead, these were a few simple tips to help you ‘keep spirits high’ during these uncertain times whilst working from home. We loved this so much that we felt compelled to spread the message far and wide-
Keeping Spirits High
There are a few well known tips and tricks we’ve been utilising to ensure that we not only maintain our output when working from home, but also a sense of normalcy and self. I’ve listed a few below:
- Keep your morning routine! Continue to get up, shower, get dressed and eat breakfast like you normally would. We also advise taking a breath of fresh air during the time that you would normally be commuting, as this energises your brain, ready for the day.
- Keep your working space separate from your living space. This is really important not only for productivity but also, for your down time. Working from your bed, however tempting, is a no no. If you are unable to leave the home, creating ‘living’ and ‘working’ zones will enable you to switch on and off when needed.
- Communication is key! Whether you’re working on Skype, Slack, WhatsApp or another messaging service, ensure you keep people informed of what you’re doing. Post a status if you’ve gone on lunch or taken a phone call, let your colleagues know what’s going on. Don’t forget to chat like you would on any other day - just because we’re socially distant, doesn’t mean we can’t be social.
- Take clear breaks, at your usual times. One break in the morning, one in the afternoon plus 30-60 minutes for lunch is generally seen as the norm, and will stop you from overworking and burning out.
- Remove your social media distractions. At a time like this, it’s easy to open up Facebook quickly to check the latest updates around you, or contact friends who are also self isolated. Try and minimise your social media time by logging out and removing the bookmarks, and instead play the radio to stay informed.
The message that stood out most to us was ‘to ensure that we not only maintain our output when working from home, but also a sense of normalcy and self’. Maintain a sense of normalcy and self! Of course, it is almost like we have lost ourselves amid the media, news broadcasts & hearsay. Here’s to maintaining the ‘Keep Calm & Carry On’ mentality that the UK is known for & beating the outbreak for once and for all.
Sprint Innovations are an outsourced dev team that base use and work closely with to deliver industry-leading innovation to our clients & consumers. They truly are an awesome team of people. If you know someone looking for a cutting edge dev team, check them out here.